Friday, February 23, 2007

And Now, A Moment of Self-Affirmation

I am a likeable person. Apparently.

Sure, I can come across as a raging bitch. Just ask my sisters. Or any of the Phillyist writers who've caught me on a bad day. Or my maintenance man.

But as long as you don't piss me off, I apparently come across as a likeable person.

On Wednesday, I was offered a small, stipeneded position in the arts. They decided this before interviewing the other candidate. Why? "We can tell you're our kind of people."

Today, a local tourism organization asked me if I'd like to come on as a tour guide, before my interview was even over. When I noted how quick it seemed, they said: "We're entrepreneurs. We see someone we like, we hire her."

A couple hours later, I had a phone interview with what would really be my dream job, if only it didn't mean taking an eleven thousand dollar paycut (and hey, I can bartend or something to make ends meet...). At one point, the woman interviewing me said: "Sorry if it seems like I'm rushing this. It's just that I can already tell that I want you to come in for an interview, so I just need to get the rest of these questions out of the way."

And now, we pause for a moment while I self-indulgently sing "Snoopy."

3 comments:

blogs_suk said...

was there a point to that blahg?
way to toot your own horn.
ever heard of being modest?

Jessica Gold said...

dear blogs_suck,

you seem to forget this is jill's space where she talks about her life!

so if things are going well in her life right now, why not just be happy for her? :-)

jill, congrats! you rock.

Jill said...

When the post's title mentions self-affirmation, and I later admit to being self-indulgent, I think it's probably okay if I toot my own horn.