Tuesday, September 18, 2007

On Really Romantic Evenings of Self, I Go Salsa Dancing with My Confusion

I've lucid dreamed ever since I was a kid, but I was never aware that it was called that until my freshman year at Penn, when I saw Waking Life for a class I took. It instantly put me into an existential crisis (Am I dreaming or am I just dead?) that I quickly got over when someone told me that, while you could probably control actions in your lucid dreams, you couldn't control physical sensation, and then proceeded to pinch me. Hard.

Anyway, five years later (which makes it six years since the movie came out), it seems that people are finally becoming aware of lucid dreaming.

This is where I insert a variation on what I find I'll often say about bands: "Dude! I was having lucid dreams ages ago, way before it got popular!"

1 comment:

Joe Ross said...

One of my favorite movies. I got really into lucid dreaming and read a great book caled The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep. Interesting stuff.

I've considered lucid dreaming a hobby of mine for a while but people tend to look at me sideays when I explain it to them.