Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Three Dreams

I'm dreaming a lot, lately. Usually when I'm at the boy's, because I suspect I'm a lighter sleeper over there. But last night, alone and in my own bed, I had a series of quite bizarre dreams...

One
My parents are recently divorced, but the whole family is still together a lot. My dad and sister, Lindsay, have been acting strangely, and my mother notices that Lindsay has started wearing a ring that goes across both her ring and middle fingers on her left hand. After some investigation, we discover that my father divorced my mother to marry my sister. Lovely, right? (I blame this one on seeing a version of
Antigone last night. The Greek incest must have been very much on my mind. Shudder.)

Two
I'm working for someone who may be, but is at least very much like, Jeff Lewis. We're about to have a big open house when the boss decides that it's full of bad energy and must be cleansed. So as people start to arrive at the open house, it becomes my job to keep them clear of the living room, where there are eight naked "monks" of some denomination or other spooning on the couch while they chant the spirits away. (I think I watch too much Bravo.)

Three
Sex and the City and I must be Samantha because she's the only one I don't see, but I know I'm participating in the events of the dream. We run into Charlotte's bedroom and rouse her from her sleep because we need her to help us "at work." She complains that she's supposed to be out of town, and if everyone thinks she's still on vacation, why does she have to get out of bed. We tell her that if she was going to get home early from her honeymoon, the least she could do is help us out. Then it turns out that work is nothing more than standing around in a hotel lobby looking fabulous and talking about our shoes.

Awesome, right? Sometimes, I wonder what's going on with my head...

No comments: