Wednesday, April 4, 2007

How Not To Get a Date With Me...

Verbatim conversation excerpt with someone I was supposed to maybe go on a date with. That's clearly not happening now. (Ref. point, we were talking about seeing the Stones in concert...)

Chad: they were one of the first with hundreds of imitators
not too subjective
white people blues rock
me: beatles came first
Chad: beatles didnt play much blues rock
me: listen to the first volume of the anthology
they played a ton
Chad: ive heard it all
do you know what the blues it?
is
me: yes, I do; unfortunately, I also know that if I'm going to get through three hours of shakespeare tonight, I need to take a nap
Chad: no you dont
me: I'll talk to you later
Chad: I guarantee the know it all doesnt know
and no, its not subjective
I think you just liek to be trite and contrary
like the say the its subjective about the stones being a seminal blues rock band
and youre pretentious about music, but you dont know the first thing about it
youre pretentious
you think youre better than everybody yet you dont have a job
and you dont have any musical ability or knowledge ability to speak of, yet you're pretentious about it
you would cirticize someone at wawa for not being educated
but you dont even have a job at wawa
get real
me: okay, remember how I said I was going to go take a nap? I'm going now... I know quite a bit about music, which you'd know if you felt like reading any reviews I wrote... my being unemployed is my choice, and please just don't IM me again
Chad: you dont even know what the blues is!
me: goodbye, chad
Chad: how can you write about music if you dont even know how to play the blues
its one of the first things you learn

2 comments:

MichelleMarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MichelleMarie said...

Dear Chad,

Really???? Really???? I have a sneaking suspicion that you are a toothless loser working at Wawa. Good luck with that.